E. David Grubbs, Jr., SIOR
141 Williman Street
Charleston, South Carolina 29403
Scope of Service Experience
David has more than 27 years of experience in commercial real estate, with extensive experience in medical and general office sales, leasing and development as well as multi-family and land development. He founded Vanguard Development Group in 2005 to focus on medical office development, and later helped NAI Avant launch its Charleston office (2010), where he served as Broker-in-Charge and managing principal. In August 2017, he joined Dexter Rumsey, Thomas Boulware and David Ingle in founding NAI Charleston.
B.A. English • Hampton-Sydney College
Professional Associations & Designations
• 2016 Commercial Realtor of the Year
• 2015 President of Commercial Investment Division (CID) of Charleston Trident Association of Realtors (CTAR)
• Professional Advisor to Carter Real Estate Center at College of Charleston
• Recipient of Commercial Realtor of Distinction
• National and Charleston Trident Associations of Realtors
• CID 2012 Commercial Market Forecast, co-chair
• International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
• Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce
• Roper St. Francis Foundation, former fellow
• American Heart Association Executive Leadership Team for 2014 Heart Ball
• St. Philip’s Church Vestry, former senior warden
• Harleston Village Neighborhood Association, former board member
• Medical office development group focusing on site selection and turnkey development services for physician groups.
• 60+ acre West Ashley Town Center. Sold parcels to: Costco Wholesale, CVS, Miyabi Japanese Steakhouse, Hampton Inn Developers, Food Lion Developers, West Ashley Toyota, HH Hunt Apartment Developers.
• 84+ acre commercial component of The Exchange at Berwick in Savannah, GA. Sold parcels to Kroger Developer, Wachovia Bank, First Federal Bank, and Goodyear Tire.
• Surgical Associates of Charleston
• Marianne Rosen, M.D.
• Kent Scott, D.M.D.
• Seacoast Pediatrics
• James Island Dental Care
• James Island Pediatrics
• Coastal Pediatrics
• Charleston OBGYN
• East Cooper Women’s Center
• Germaine Dermatology
• Plantation Pharmacy
• Herold’s Pharmacy
• Sweet Grass Animal Hospital
• The Kidney Center of Charleston
• Lowcountry Urology Associates, P.A.
• Charleston GI Specialists