Scope of Service Experience
Thomas began his commercial real estate career in 1997 with NAI Batten & Moore in Charleston, South Carolina under the mentoring of two industry veterans, Dan Batten and Charlie Moore. In 2002, Thomas received the coveted CCIM designation. In 2003, he went to work for Realticorp Commercial Investment Fund, focusing on land sales and land entitlement. He then helped launch Vanguard Development Group in 2005 as the VP of Brokerage Services, concentrating on general brokerage, land sales, land entitlement and retail site selection. In 2010, he helped open the NAI Avant office in Charleston. In August 2017, Thomas joined Dexter Rumsey, David Ingle, and David Grubbs in founding NAI Charleston.
Background & Experience
Thomas has extensive experience in land, with a keen understanding of the fundamentals that affect land development. He also has extensive knowledge in underwriting commercial properties for investment, owner-occupancy and sales dispositions. Thomas has participated in considerable leasing transactions of industrial, office and retail properties.
B.A. Business Administration • College of Charleston
Professional Associations & Designations
• Charleston Trident Association of Realtors
• National Association of Realtors
• CCIM Chapter and CCIM National
• Charleston Association of Realtors Commercial Market Forecast, board member 2012-2016
• International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
• Coastal Conservation Association, former board member
• Dysautonomia Advocacy Foundation, founding board member
• St. Philip’s Church, former vestry member and committee member